Monday, December 10, 2012

Holy Jeez, Where Did the Year Go?

I can't believe I haven't made a post since January!  Well, it has been a rather busy year and I haven't done as much mailling as I probably could have.  Or at least, not as much of the new and flashy variety.  The latest and greatest were a pair of cameo chokers that I created.  The first one was inspired when I found a cameo focal point at the local craft store and picked it up, thinking to incorporate it into a chainmail design to be worn with my neo-Victorian/Steampunk outfits.



It's hard to tell from the picture, but the rings I used were black ice (a sort of bright gunmetal color) and lavender anodized aluminum.  Once the two colors went together, it was very hard to tell them apart.

There was such interest in my choker, that I decided to make a second version - which I was going to enter into a local Steampunk art show but I inadvertently missed the deadline.  Oops!! 


In this one, I took off the drapes that originally came with the focal point and added hand-made drapes (except the one that is just the pearl beads).  All the rings used were black ice and champagne colored anodized aluminum. 

If I could criticise one thing, it is that I didn't use both colors on the short 4-in-2 drape...but I didn't have champagne colored rings in that size.  If the piece doesn't sell before I can get some in, I will likely swap that out so that everything matches.

No comments:

Post a Comment